Graffiti Removal in Cardiff
Graffiti is a common problem found in cities throughout the UK. What can often start as one graffiti tag can grow over time to a problem area for graffiti tagging. For this reason we always recommend that graffiti is removed as soon as possible. This is to prevent the graffiti spreading by returning ”artists”. In addition to writing this guide, we also carry out graffiti removal in Cardiff.
When you are looking for graffiti removal in Cardiff it is important to go for a low pressure cleaning technique. High pressure graffiti removal, and sand blasting of the graffiti is not advised. This is because it will damage the surface of the bricks, stone, etc and damage any pointing.
How to remove graffiti from concrete and brick
Graffiti is often sprayed on concrete surfaces and brick surfaces. Depending on the type of graffiti and surface, different methods are used. For best results it is important that industrial graffiti removal products are used. Also, it is important that a professional graffiti removal company is employed to carry out the removal. Although there are some diy graffiti removal products available from diy shops such as B&Q and graffiti remover wickes, a professional grade graffiti remover will achieve better results. It is important that these chemicals are used in the right hands however. As graffiti removal chemicals are effectively paint strippers experience and training is vital for ensuring a safe cleaning process. Therefore, employing a company with experience is always best.
Get your FREE quote HERE
How to remove Graffiti from Brick
- Step 1 – Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) needs to be put on to protect the graffiti removal specialists.
- Step 2 – The correct graffiti removal chemicals need to be applied to the surface and left to dwell. This can take anywhere between 5 minutes to several hours depending on the surface type, paint used and surroundings.
- Step 3 – The graffiti then needs to be steamed off using low pressure, high temperature cleaning equipment. This can be a DOFF steam cleaning system, Thermatech cleaning system or another alternative.
- Step 4 – The above steps will then need to be repeated as needed to strip down the paint. The thicker the paint, the more repeat applications will be needed.
- Step 5 – Once the bulk of the graffiti is removed another graffiti removal chemical will likely be needed to remove the paint on and cement pointing. At this stage a graffiti ghost remover will be needed to remove the ‘ghosting’ that can be left. This will look like a faint outline of the graffiti.
- Step 6 – The area should then be thoroughly rinsed down, leaving the site clean and safe.
These are the results that can be achieved using LOW PRESSURE graffiti removal…
How much does graffiti removal cost?
Graffiti removal prices vary according to the individual project. The amount of graffiti on the site, the surface types, access and travel can all affect the price for graffiti removal. The price will usually start at around £100+vat. However, the figure could be a lot higher for larger projects.
Would you like a FREE graffiti removal quotation?
If so, it could not be easier. By clicking HERE or going on to our contact page you can send a photo, address and a brief description. Then, we will reply with your free quotation.